Coalition forces have killed more than 10,000 ISIS fighters in nine months, U.S. Deputy Secretary of State Antony Blinken boasted. It's usually not a good sign when politicians start referring to moldering bodies as accomplishments in themselves.
- Lincoln Chafee wants the Democratic presidential nomination. Can you feel the excitement?
- After presiding over the theft of the personal information of 100,000 taxpayers, the Internal Revenue Service says it'll try to button things up a bit more tightly.
- Sen. Rand Paul's civil libertarian and non-interventionist stances are pulling in supporters of his father who were previously skeptical of the senator's presidential campaign.
- Democratic National Committee finance chairman Henry R. Muñoz III has been raising money for Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign. Which violates party rules requiring him to be neutral. Whoops.
- Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval signed a law extending school choice to all students in the state through education savings accounts. Teachers union meltdown in 3… 2… 1… (He also signed a law ending Clark County's handgun registration and expanding self-defense rights.)
- New York City Police Officer Ymmacula Pierre faces criminal charges after buying a $3,200 ring with a stolen credit card. Hey, it cuts out the middle man.
- Give us money or we'll kill your dogs. Seriously, that's what Colorado Springs officials told Caitlin McAdams.