New EPA rules this week will deem a whole lot more streams, tributaries, and wetlands as protected wildlife and water habitats.
- The Justice Department reached a settlement with the city of Cleveland concerning its pattern of unconstitutional and excessively forceful policing; details have yet to be released.
- Charter Communications Inc., America's fourth-largest cable company, has reached an agreement to buy the country's second-largest cable company, Time Warner Cable, for $56.7 million billion.
- Japan is considering a bill to ban "hate speech."
- A leaked Council of the European Union document shows plans to thwart the U.K. from directing mobile and internet providers to automatically block porn.
- Yet more evidence linking diabetes to later development of Alzheimer's disease.
- A bunch of printouts of other people's Instagram photos sold for $90,000 apiece.
- RIP John Nash.