Why are those mysterious planes flying above Baltimore?
- Brits are at the ballot box today. While no party is expected to win a majority of the vote, the Conservative Party is likely to "edge out Labour," according to Quartz, while "the anti-immigrant UKIP is likely to get thumped."
- Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck says he saw no "extraordinary circumstances" to justify the fatal shooting of an unarmed man by a police officer outside a Venice Beach bar on Tuesday night. The man, 29-year-old Brendon Glenn, later died at the hospital.
- Radley Balko: "This isn't 1968. Baltimore isn't Watts. And Hillary Clinton isn't Michael Dukakis."
- Several major tornadoes tore through the Plains states Wednesday night. So far no deaths have been reported, but major flooding and home damage has been seen.
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is planning to bypass the state legislature in raising the minimum wage for fast-food workers.
Plus: Attacks on Saudi Arabia unlikely to raise U.S. oil prices
Woman Sentenced to 12 Years in Prison for Selling $31 of Marijuana Lands Back in Jail for Court Fees
Fines continued to pile up for almost a decade.
Comedy, meet cancel culture
"Controlled choice" is supposed to fix inequality in New York public schools. It might make everything worse.
Ontario has lost millions trying to sell cannabis.