The second prisoner in the van where Freddie Gray sustained fatal injuries says he didn't tell police Gray was banging his head against the van trying to hurt himself but only that he heard "a little banging." The prisoner says he feared for his life after the report based on his testimony was released. The teen who ended up on newspaper front pages after smashing a police car with a traffic cone in Baltimore, meanwhile, voluntarily turned himself in to police and is being held on $500,000 bail.
- Democrats are upset Shinzo Abe, the first Japanese prime minister to address Congress, didn't apologize for his country's use of comfort women during World War 2.
- The leaders of the only organized progressive effort to support Bernie Sanders' candidacy for president would prefer if Elizabeth Warren ran instead.
- President Obama has decided to locate his presidential library in Chicago.
- Legislators in Texas voted unanimously to require police to obtain warrants before conducting anal and vaginal searches.
- The death toll in Nepal from a magnitude-7.9 earthquake has exceeded 6,100, and reconstruction is estimated to cost $2 billion.
- A parade in Vietnam celebrated the 40 year anniversary of its victory in the Vietnam War, or as it's called in Vietnam, the American War.
- The NASA spacecraft MESSENGER crashed into Mercury at the end of its four year mission, as expected.
The black market still dominates. And more enforcement and fines aren’t going to fix it.
Kamala Harris Does Not Understand Why the Constitution Should Get in the Way of Her Gun Control Agenda
The presidential contender conspicuously fails to explain the legal basis for her plan to impose new restrictions by executive fiat.
Advocating for gun control is no longer enough. On Thursday night, the Democratic presidential candidates promised gun confiscation.
The "assault weapons" that the presidential contender wants to confiscate are not especially deadly, but the symbolism of that policy is poisonous.