Baltimore police handed a prosecutor the results of their own investigation into the death of Freddie Gray while he was in their custody. I think we're all in for a nickel ride.
- The USA Freedom Act, a somewhat watered-down effort to rein-in domestic surveillance conducted under the Patriot Act, passed the House Judiciary Committee on its way to an uncertain fate.
- Lois Lerner's long-sought emails are not so lost after all. The Treasury Department's Inspector General for Tax Administration recovered thousands of them. Maybe the IRS should have contracted with Hillary for storage.
- And speaking of the presidential wannabe… Past and potential Clinton donors are getting cold feet about opening their checkbooks because of very public revelations of financial shenanigans.
- In other tax news, the IRS won't tell people in whose names fraudulent returns were filed exactly what info the scam artists stole. It's concerned about privacy, you see…
- In Pakistan, ten militants were convicted and imprisoned for the attempted assassination of teenager Malala Yousafzai, who was targeted for advocating that girls should be taught how to read and other dangerous stuff.
Arizona passed a law raising the standard of evidence for asset forfeiture. That didn't help Jerry Johnson when Phoenix police seized his cash.
University of Oklahoma Diversity Training Forces Students and Faculty To Affirm the School's Political Views
The mandatory online training requires users to select the “right” speech before they finish.
Daunte Wright Shooting a Reminder That It's Not Cops Who Should Fear for Their Lives During Traffic Stops
Plus: Feds recommend "a pause" on Johnson & Johnson vaccine, marijuana legalization measure signed in New Mexico, and more...
The decision by the CDC and FDA to pause the Johnson & Johnson vaccine was a disastrous misstep.