The White House is launching a campaign on the health effects of climate change—President Obama linked his daughter's asthma to the issue.
- Rahm Emanuel wins a second term as Chicago mayor.
- A cop in South Carolina was charged with murder after video showed him fatally shooting a man in the back, contradicting his version of events.
- Gov. Sam Brownback (R) signed a bill into law making Kansas the first state to ban second-trimester abortions.
- Iraqi forensic teams are exhuming mass graves of soldiers killed by the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria last year when it controlled Tikrit.
- Germany called Greece's call for $306 billion in World War II reparations "dumb."
- New details on the Drug Enforcement Administration's massive decades-long metadata collection program.