- McDonald's will raise the hourly pay rate for employees at non-franchised locations to $1 above the local minimum wage, as well as start offering vacation benefits.
- Airbnb is now listing more than 1,000 vacation home rentals in Cuba.
- Another day, another executive order: "I'm for the first time authorizing targeted sanctions against individuals or entities whose actions in cyberspace result in significant threats to the national security, foreign policy, economic health or financial stability of the United States," President Obama announced Wednesday.
- An in-depth look at "the pervasive awfulness" of American jails.
- Arizona's House has passed a bill to allot more than $1 million to a "predictive policing" pilot program.
- An Arkansas woman now thought to be the world's oldest is asking for Barack Obama to attend her 117th birthday party this July. She invited him last year, but he didn't show up.
If politicians are going to paint their opponents as illegitimate, they should be prepared to receive the same treatment in return.
Journalists and pundits who frantically doubled down on their initial bad takes deserve more criticism.
It’s an attempt to bypass Fourth and Fifth Amendment protections by insisting it’s not an arrest.
Sex offender registries are cruel and unjust.
A 2017 Reason investigation found that black residents in Madison County felt under siege in their own neighborhoods.