Trevor Noah has been named the next host of The Daily Show, and will replace Jon Stewart at some unspecified time in the future. Noah, a stand-up comedian from South Africa, has only thrice appeared on Stewart's show and is a relative unknown to American audiences—albeit one clearly poised for considerable success.
- Police opened fire on an unauthorized vehicle that tried to gain access to the NSA building in Fort Meade, Maryland. One person is dead and two are injured.
- The RFRA debate continues to prompt some interesting questions, such as "How would RFRA opponents deal with the Hitler cake?" asks Jazz Shaw.
- An Ohio school district is really upset that a pot farm might open up next door, because what good was all that moral hand-wringing now?
- Reason's Lenore Skenazy hosted a brunch for sex offenders.
- Play Super Mario 64… in HD.
- AMC debuted the trailer for its Walking Dead spin-off series.