In an apparent effort to make his political party live up to cartoonish parodies, retiring Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.) recommends that nanny-state fan Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) replace him as Senate minority leader.
- Unthrilled GOP insiders don't see the somewhat unready for prime time Ted Cruz as an electable presidential candidate.
- Everybody would have been better off if Dzhokhar Tsarnaev had remained the TV-watching stoner trial evidence reveals him to have once been, instead of taking an interest in murderous religious fanaticism.
- The bloated public higher education sector is on the chopping block as governors around the country consider a new round of budget-balancing cuts.
- Shootings by police officers would have to be investigated by somebody other than their own employers, under legislation proposed in Texas.
- The bizarro dark matter that makes up the majority of the universe's mass has scientists increasingly intrigued.
- Saudi Arabia and Egypt are mired fighter jet-deep in the ongoing mess in Yemen. They're expected to deploy ground troops next.