Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.) is retiring and will not seek reelection next year.
- According to a German newspaper, Andreas Lubitz, the 27-year-old co-pilot believed to have purposefully crashed a Germanwings plane in the French alps, suffered from depression and anxiety and spent time receiving psychiatric treatment.
- Indiana Gov. Mike Pence (R) has signed a controversial religious freedom bill modeled on the federal Religious Freedom Restoration Act.
- The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee is asking the White House to turn over all documents and intelligence information related to last year's prisoner exchange of five Taliban detainees for Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl.
- The deputy police chief of Fresno, California, has been arrested on multiple charges of drug distribution by the F.B.I. "It is important that we do everything we can to maintain and enhance the trust that our citizens have in us," Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer remarked afterwards.
- Can Martin O'Malley beat Hillary Clinton for the Democratic presidential nomination?