Two Americans were among the 150 passengers and crew members on board the Germanwings airplane that crashed in the French Alps on Tuesday.
- The United States will keep 9,800 troops stationed in Afghanistan this year, a change of course from the Obama administration's original plan to reduce the U.S. troop presence in that country to 5,000 by year's end.
- The U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit has agreed to hear an expedited appeal of the lower court ruling which blocked President Barack Obama's immigration actions.
- Republican presidential hopeful Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) is planning to buy health insurance for his family through a federal health care exchange established under Obamacare.
- "Ron Dermer, the Israeli ambassador to the United States, is courting congressional Democrats after discord between the countries' leaders, but is still working against a nuclear deal with Iran."
- According to a new report, federal workers owe more than $3.5 billion in unpaid taxes.