Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) officially, formally kicked off his campaign to succeed President Barack Obama in 2016. Here's a few things to know about his candidacy.
- Police in Charlottesville, Virginia, said today they can find no evidence that the gang rape at a University of Virginia fraternity house ever happened, casting the now infamous Rolling Stone story into further doubt.
- The Supreme Court has declined to hear a case challenging the constitutionality of Wisconsin's voter ID law, leaving it intact.
- Murder suspect Robert Durst, subject of recent HBO documentary series The Jinx, has been denied bail.
- A new report on body camera use by the San Diego Police Department matches previous studies. They saw big declines in complaints, use of force by officers, and use of pepper spray by officers in 2014 after implementing cameras. (Hat tip to Popehat)
- An Arizona woman who spent 22 years on death row in the killing of her 4-year-old son, based on the testimony of a detective with a history of misconduct, has been fully exonerated.