Is President Barack Obama's proposal to make voting mandatory a presumptuous violation of liberty or simply profoundly stupid? Americans debate the issue.
- House Republicans passed a budget proposal only after holding off on a contentious plan to steer more moolah toward the Pentagon. (Read more about defense-spending shenanigans).
- Not content with the shitstorm it's already brewed up with the targeting of conservative non-profit groups, the IRS wants to extend its controversial rule-making to political parties and political action committees.
- Tunisian authorities arrested nine suspected accomplices of the two gunman who perpetrated a bloody attack at the National Bardo Museum (for which ISIS claims "credit").
- "What crash?" asks Secret Service Director Joseph Clancy in an interesting response to reports that some of his agents drove a car into a White House barricade.
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel hints that the European Union is likely to keep sanctions on Russia in place so long as Ukraine is a war zone.
- Mitt Romney will not, thankfully, repeat his presidential run.