Sen. Barbara Mikulski (D-Md.), the longest serving woman in the history of Congress, will not be running for re-election next year.
- A federal judge has blocked Nebraska's ban on same-sex marriage recognition. His ruling won't take effect until March 9. The state's attorney general's office has already announced plans to appeal.
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said today his speech tomorrow before Congress is not meant to show disrespect to President Barack Obama. Read more about his maneuvers over Iran here.
- Enhanced video of the fatal weekend Los Angeles police shooting of a homeless man on skid row appears to show the man reaching for an officer's belt.
- The Department of Justice may release a report this week detailing how the police of Ferguson, Missouri, systematically targeted African Americans for traffic stops and relied on fines to balance the city's budget.
- A White House task force is calling for increased oversight of law enforcement agencies, more body cameras, more transparency, and other solutions to problems of police abuse and militarization.