Sen. Barbara Mikulski (D-Md.), the longest serving woman in the history of Congress, will not be running for re-election next year.
- A federal judge has blocked Nebraska's ban on same-sex marriage recognition. His ruling won't take effect until March 9. The state's attorney general's office has already announced plans to appeal.
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said today his speech tomorrow before Congress is not meant to show disrespect to President Barack Obama. Read more about his maneuvers over Iran here.
- Enhanced video of the fatal weekend Los Angeles police shooting of a homeless man on skid row appears to show the man reaching for an officer's belt.
- The Department of Justice may release a report this week detailing how the police of Ferguson, Missouri, systematically targeted African Americans for traffic stops and relied on fines to balance the city's budget.
- A White House task force is calling for increased oversight of law enforcement agencies, more body cameras, more transparency, and other solutions to problems of police abuse and militarization.
"I chose to be that guy who didn't issue the apology," says Daniel Elder. "Things went from there and it wasn't good."
Dumb laws lead to police brutality.
The law would make a federal case out of every aggrieved internet user and compel companies to host messages they do not wish to platform.
It’s a jobs plan that isn’t about jobs, and an infrastructure plan that isn’t about infrastructure.