- "Hours from a partial agency shutdown, Congress is moving to approve a short-term funding bill for the Homeland Security Department that leaves intact Obama administration immigration policies Republicans vowed to repeal."
- President Barack Obama is planning to use executive action to ban 5.56 M855 ammunition, a type of bullet commonly used with the popular AR-15 rifle.
- Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker wowed the conservative crowd yesterday at CPAC.
- British Prime Minister David Cameron is refusing to confirm media reports which have identified the ISIS terrorist known as "Jihadi John" as a computer programmer from West London.
- U.S.-based blogger Avijit Roy has been murdered while visiting Bangladesh to attend a book fair. A prominent voice for atheism and secularism in that country, Roy had received multiple death threats from Islamic extremists.
- Declaring himself a "reality-based candidate," former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson announced he will seek the Libertarian Party's 2016 presidential nomination.