Oregonians won't get to see scandal-dogged Governor John Kitzhaber go full gonzo and barricade himself in his office after all. Instead, he's resigning peacefully, though in disgrace, and handing power over to Secretary of State Kate Brown. Damn.
- Obama is under pressure to intervene in the labor dispute slowing work at West Coast ports. Seriously? What, is it 1950 again?
- Congressional Republicans want to reduce the federal government's role in education, the White House doesn't. Political tussle ensues and you should just get your kids out of the public schools.
- Connecticut's Sandy Hook Advisory Commission fine-tunes its proposals for forting-up schools, unenforceable gun bans, and a mental health security state.
- Political lefties have a not-so-new "secret" strategy: going after the Koch brothers.
- Fighting escalates in Ukraine before the weekend ceasefire throws a wet blanket over the festivities.
- "I'm not dead yet," insists the eurozone economy.
Biden's Latest Round of Student Loan Debt Forgiveness Is an Indictment of Federal Higher Education Subsidies
Thirty-five years after Bill Bennett sounded the alarm about student loan defaults, we still haven't learned a damn thing.
In 2018, the Republican said family separations were "tragic and heart-rending."
But the appeals court wasn't having it.
Rules range from absurd to appalling without respect for civil liberties or basic logic.
A new survey of students' free speech attitudes has both encouraging and worrying findings.