Oregonians won't get to see scandal-dogged Governor John Kitzhaber go full gonzo and barricade himself in his office after all. Instead, he's resigning peacefully, though in disgrace, and handing power over to Secretary of State Kate Brown. Damn.
- Obama is under pressure to intervene in the labor dispute slowing work at West Coast ports. Seriously? What, is it 1950 again?
- Congressional Republicans want to reduce the federal government's role in education, the White House doesn't. Political tussle ensues and you should just get your kids out of the public schools.
- Connecticut's Sandy Hook Advisory Commission fine-tunes its proposals for forting-up schools, unenforceable gun bans, and a mental health security state.
- Political lefties have a not-so-new "secret" strategy: going after the Koch brothers.
- Fighting escalates in Ukraine before the weekend ceasefire throws a wet blanket over the festivities.
- "I'm not dead yet," insists the eurozone economy.
Officials claim doing business is a revocable “privilege,” but many Americans see it as a right that they’ll exercise with or without licenses and permits.
Harris' origins allow her to properly claim Asian or Black/African American legal status, and she has chosen the latter.
Joe Biden announced today that Harris will be his Democratic running mate.
Without 'Much More Aggressive Shutdowns,' The New York Times Warns, COVID-19 Could Kill 'Well Over a Million' Americans
That scenario seems highly implausible based on what we know about the epidemic.