Congress on Wednesday received President Obama's formal request to authorize military force against the Islamic State. Democrats are saying the plan is too open-ended, while Republicans are insisting that it doesn't go far enough.
- Leaders of Russia, Ukraine, France, and Germany announced an agreement to end fighting in Eastern Ukraine.
- The Obama administration announced that American intelligence agencies will begin tracking and targeting "wildlife traffickers" in an effort to stop the selling of ivory, rhinoceros horns, etc., which President Obama has called "an international crisis."
- A federal judge hears arguments today over gay marriage in Alabama.
- An Ohio bill would make it illegal to have an abortion after a fetus has been revealed to have Down's Syndrome.
- The myth of Jon Stewart's massive millennial following.
- The GOP is doing everything it can to delay the FCC's approval of net neutrality rules, "or make the move as politically painful as possible," Politico reports.
- Have farmer's markets peaked?