Liberal Democrats in Congress are joining with some Tea Party Republicans to oppose President Obama's trade agenda.
- While a federal judge ruled same-sex marriage legal in Alabama, judges in many counties are still refusing to issue such marriage licenses.
- Public health authorities in California are warning residents against exposing unvaccinated children to infected children in "measles parties."
- The Syrian president Bashar Assad says the U.S. informs him of airstrikes against ISIS conducted in his country.
- A member of parliament in Somalia was shot and killed by an Islamist militant outside the presidential palace.
- NBC evening news anchor Brian Williams is temporarily off the air while the network conducts an internal investigation into his embellishments.
Biden's Latest Round of Student Loan Debt Forgiveness Is an Indictment of Federal Higher Education Subsidies
Thirty-five years after Bill Bennett sounded the alarm about student loan defaults, we still haven't learned a damn thing.
But the appeals court wasn't having it.
In 2018, the Republican said family separations were "tragic and heart-rending."
"I chose to be that guy who didn't issue the apology," says Daniel Elder. "Things went from there and it wasn't good."
A new survey of students' free speech attitudes has both encouraging and worrying findings.