Liberal Democrats in Congress are joining with some Tea Party Republicans to oppose President Obama's trade agenda.
- While a federal judge ruled same-sex marriage legal in Alabama, judges in many counties are still refusing to issue such marriage licenses.
- Public health authorities in California are warning residents against exposing unvaccinated children to infected children in "measles parties."
- The Syrian president Bashar Assad says the U.S. informs him of airstrikes against ISIS conducted in his country.
- A member of parliament in Somalia was shot and killed by an Islamist militant outside the presidential palace.
- NBC evening news anchor Brian Williams is temporarily off the air while the network conducts an internal investigation into his embellishments.