Chief Justice Roy Moore of the Alabama Supreme Court has ordered state probate judges not to issue marriage licenses to gay couples. Moore's order directly defies last month's decision legalizing same-sex marriage in Alabama by U.S. District Judge Callie V. S. Granade.
- "Rand Paul Seeks Middle (Sorry, Dad)."
- Another massive snowstorm is pummeling the northeast.
- A student government board representing all 233,000 students enrolled in the University of California system has approved a resolution urging the state university system to financially divest itself from the United States of America.
- Another day, another false statement from NBC Nightly News anchor Brian Williams.
- Beck's Morning Phase won album of the year at last night's Grammy Awards.