- Capitol Hill Democrats and Israeli diplomats remain at odds over Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's scheduled "unauthorized" (by the White House) speech to Congress.
- Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Margaret Hamburg, who led the federal agency into tobacco regulation, is off to meddle elsewhere in American life. The FDA's chief scientist, Stephen Ostroff, will fill in as acting commissioner.
- Wide publicity for American Sniper is complicating jury selection in the trial of Chris Kyle's alleged murderer.
- Brian Williams's weird lies about an easily checked incident in Iraq raise credibility problems for NBC News.
- The forthcoming Fifty Shades of Grey movie takes a beating from Malaysian censors. They say it's "pornography" featuring sex scenes that are not "natural." Wait…that's an objection?