- The extremist group Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula has claimed responsibility for the terrorist attack on the offices of Charlie Hebdo.
- "A French comedian was detained for questioning on Wednesday for writing on his Facebook account he felt 'Charlie Coulibaly,' a word play combining the widespread 'I am Charlie' vigil slogan and the name of one of the three gunmen."
- The U.S. section of the International Space Station was evacuated on Wednesday due to a leak of "harmful substances" from the cooling system.
- The fuselage of downed AirAsia Flight 8501 has been located in the Java Sea.
- According to a new study, the Ebola outbreak in Liberia could end by June.