What was America's biggest problem in 2014? Government and its denizens, say Americans polled by Gallup.
- Happy 2015. Enjoy your Obamacare employer mandate (or just suffer the costs and penalties—it's here either way).
- Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.) broke ribs and bones in his face during a…freak exercising accident? That's one ill-tempered treadmill.
- Politicians rush for the nearest TV cameras to say what a great guy the late Mario Cuomo, former governor of New York, was.
- The death of a woman in Cleveland police custody was a homicide, rules the medical examiner. The mentally ill woman died while being physically restrained.
- This year's dominant flu strain is a nasty little bug that's not well-matched by the vaccine. But in happier health news, cancer mortality rates keep dropping.