U.S. airstrikes in Somalia targeted a suspected leader of the terrorist group Al-Shabab.
- Rep. Michael Grimm (R-N.Y.), who recently plead guilty to tax evation, has decided to resign less than two months after being re-elected.
- A political blogger in Louisiana has uncovered that House Majority Whip Steven Scalise (R-La.) spoke at an event organized by a "white civil rights" group in 2002.
- Teams searching for an AirAsia flight that went missing over the weekend extended the area off the coast of Indonesia where they are looking. Warships from the United States are joining the effort.
- A healthcare worker in Scotland who had returned from West Africa has been diagnosed with Ebola.
- Researchers in Germany were able to reproduce the fingerprints of the German Defense Minister using photos taken at a public event.
- The United Nations has approved a new probe into the 1961 airplane crash in which Secretary-General Dag Hammarskjöld died.
Jonathan Vanderhagen believes a judge doomed his son to an early death. The judge says Vanderhagen's Facebook posts were intimidating.
Navy Confirms Authenticity of UFO Videos Published by Blink-182 Frontman's Extraterrestrial Research Organization
The videos show a U.S. military jet's encounter with what appears to be a fast-moving, unidentified object.
"Controlled choice" is supposed to fix inequality in New York public schools. It might make everything worse.
Conservatives deploy state power to go after speech they don't like.