After the on-duty killing of two cops last weekend, politicians in New York City are no longer trying to attach themselves to the police reform movement that's loosely centered itself around that city.
- Labor unions are courting immigrants who may be legalized because of executive action by President Obama as potential new members.
- A man who was shot by a cop in Newark, New Jersey while trying to flee in a taxi will be charged with resisting arrest, making terroristic threats, possession of marijuana, and possession of a loaded gun. It's unclear why police initiated an encounter with the man.
- After being brought in as a "precaution," George H.W. Bush spent a third night in the hospital.
- Al-Shabaab took credit for eight militants who infiltrated an African Union base in Mogadishu, killing three peacekeepers and a contractor.
- Hackers claimed responsibility for a Christmas Day crash of the online services associated with the Xbox and PlayStation video game systems.
Woman Sentenced to 12 Years in Prison for Selling $31 of Marijuana Lands Back in Jail for Court Fees
Fines continued to pile up for almost a decade.
Comedy, meet cancel culture
Brett Kavanaugh Faces a New Accusation in The New York Times, but the Alleged Victim Didn't Confirm It
Plus: Andrew Yang opts out of cancel culture, Andrew Cuomo wants to crack down on flavored e-cigarettes, and more...
Kamala Harris Does Not Understand Why the Constitution Should Get in the Way of Her Gun Control Agenda
The presidential contender conspicuously fails to explain the legal basis for her plan to impose new restrictions by executive fiat.
Plus: Attacks on Saudi Arabia unlikely to raise U.S. oil prices