- North Korea has regained Internet service after a nine-hour outage, though access remains intermittent.
- "China said Tuesday there was no proof that North Korea was behind a cyberattack on Sony Pictures Entertainment, signaling its reluctance to side with the United States over the incident."
- A Massachusetts man is facing criminal charges after posting the phrase "Put Wings on Pigs" on Facebook. A similar phrase was posted to the social media site by Ismaaiyl Brinsley, the man who fatally shot two NYPD officers last week.
- Rep. Michael Grimm (R-N.Y.) is expected to plead guilty today to federal tax fraud charges.
- Justin Lin, the director of several films in the Fast & Furious franchise, will be directing Star Trek 3.