Republican Rep. Jason Chaffetz announced his support for relaxing the ban on traveling to Cuba. In an interview with BuzzFeed, he seemed much closer to the libertarian-Republican position on Cuba.
- Sen. Marco Rubio, however, remains firmly committed to an isolated Cuba, telling Megyn Kelly last night that Sen. Rand Paul—who supports President Obama's establishment of Cuban diplomatic relations—"has no idea what he's talking about."
- In his last press conference of the year, President Obama talked about North Korea's role in hacking Sony to prevent distribution of The Interview.
- If you don't care about miserable communist countries in the news… let's see… here's a funny Jeopardy video. "I'll take non-Common Core math for $400, Alex."
- Read The Atlantic's Conor Friedersdorf on why trigger-warning culture goes too far when it prevents colleges from tackling important subjects.
- Watch the trailer for American Sniper, starring Bradley Cooper, here.
Plus: Attacks on Saudi Arabia unlikely to raise U.S. oil prices
Jonathan Vanderhagen believes a judge doomed his son to an early death. The judge says Vanderhagen's Facebook posts were intimidating.
Woman Sentenced to 12 Years in Prison for Selling $31 of Marijuana Lands Back in Jail for Court Fees
Fines continued to pile up for almost a decade.
"Controlled choice" is supposed to fix inequality in New York public schools. It might make everything worse.
Pending restrictions on vaping products in Michigan and New York are based on an alarmingly broad understanding of the executive branch's "public health" authority.