Republican Rep. Jason Chaffetz announced his support for relaxing the ban on traveling to Cuba. In an interview with BuzzFeed, he seemed much closer to the libertarian-Republican position on Cuba.
- Sen. Marco Rubio, however, remains firmly committed to an isolated Cuba, telling Megyn Kelly last night that Sen. Rand Paul—who supports President Obama's establishment of Cuban diplomatic relations—"has no idea what he's talking about."
- In his last press conference of the year, President Obama talked about North Korea's role in hacking Sony to prevent distribution of The Interview.
- If you don't care about miserable communist countries in the news… let's see… here's a funny Jeopardy video. "I'll take non-Common Core math for $400, Alex."
- Read The Atlantic's Conor Friedersdorf on why trigger-warning culture goes too far when it prevents colleges from tackling important subjects.
- Watch the trailer for American Sniper, starring Bradley Cooper, here.