The United States and Cuba are taking big steps to normalize long-chilled relations. Cuba also released Alan Gross, who had been imprisoned since 2009, and the U.S. released three Cubans. Romeo y Julieta churchills all around!
- With the last votes counted, Arizona Republican Martha McSally defeated Democrat Ron Barber in the last House race outstanding from the midterm elections.
- Even the bloody school massacre by the Taliban may not be enough to tip Pakistani public opinion against the group.
- Jeb Bush's tentative steps toward a presidential run aren't exciting anybody on Capitol Hill. What? No love for the dynasty?
- Barack and Michelle Obama told People magazine that they've experienced racial bias. Quite likely true, but their current residence would suggest some recent improvements on the issue.
- The removal of Hamas from the list of terrorist organizations by the European Union's General Court was slammed by Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu who said the continent's inhabitants "have learned nothing" from the Holocaust.