Feeling unappreciated, liberal lawmakers including Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) raise a fuss of their own over the jam-packed $1.1 trillion spending bill and snipe at the White House.
- State-level losses in the recent election and concentration in cities may put the Democratic Party in a weaker position than previously admitted, even before Warren took to the barricades.
- Here's your transparency: The Obama administration is battling to prevent the release of documents including the Panetta report, which offers more details about the CIA's indulgence in torture.
- Polls find that Americans generally agree with the grand jury decision in the Michael Brown case, but disagree with the decision in the Eric Garner case. Meanwhile, Erica Garner, daughter of Eric Garner, staged a "die-in" at the site where her father was killed by NYPD Officer Daniel Pantaleo.
- A time capsule buried in 1795 by Samuel Adams, Paul Revere, and others has been unearthed. No word yet on how well the winter lager weathered the years.
- A major online cheerleader for ISIS turns out to be an executive with an Indian food conglomerate. Idiot.
- Ferguson, Missouri, officials plan to issue more citations in their town to increase revenue. Brilliant.