Timemagazine has named "the Ebola fighters" as its Person of the Year for 2014.
- "Congressional leaders on Tuesday evening reached a deal on a nearly $1.1 trillion spending package to keep the government funded."
- According to the White House, "proper security measures are in place" around the world to deal with threats and other fallout from yesterday's release of the Senate Torture Report.
- Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.): "We never recovered from the rollout" of Obamacare.
- Palestinian Minister Ziad Abu Ein has died as a result of injuries sustained in a clash with Israeli troops during a protest in the West Bank.
- After the U.S. Supreme Court refused to grant an appeal, the state of Missouri executed Paul Goodwin last night via lethal injection. It was the state's tenth execution this year.