The mother of Tamir Rice, the Cleveland 12-year-old killed by police for having a toy gun, is "looking for a conviction."
- Fraternity supporters are calling on UVA to rescind its moratorium on campus Greek life activities in the wake of new revelations about inaccuracies in the Rolling Stone story.
- The Washington Post named Sen. Rand Paul the GOP frontrunner for 2016.
- Meanwhile, the Republican Party establishment is in search of a candidate it likes.
- "Efforts to protect women from a putative epidemic of violence have led to misguided policies that infringe on the civil rights of men," wrote Slate's Emily Yoffe.
- Why don't we all come together to fight about funding the government again? Say it with me: Shutdown, shutdown, shutdown, shutdown…
- There was a huge fire in downtown Los Angeles this morning.
Reason's annual Webathon is underway! Your (tax-deductible!) gift will help Reason magazine, Reason.com, and Reason TV bring the case for "Free Minds and Free Markets" to bigger and bigger audiences. For giving levels and associated swag, go here now.