The United States conducted new airstrikes in Syria against ISIS targets.
- Darren Wilson will receive no severance after resigning from the Ferguson Police Department, according to the city's mayor, James Knowles, who also promised the department would seek to hire more minorities.
- The United Nations condemned the United States for police brutality, its recent use of torture, and the detention of immigrants.
- Police and protesters clashed in Hong Kong, where pro-democracy demonstrations continue; at least 40 people were arrested.
- Missing Ohio State football player Kosta Karageorge was found dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
- Nintendo has filed a patent for a GameBoy emulator app.
Nonmedical use of prescription analgesics did not become more common, but it did become more dangerous.
Forensic experts claim there is no way Larry Swearingen raped and killed Melissa Trotter. The state is still putting him to death.
Problematic deforestation continues, but the "lungs of the earth" are still breathing.
Plus: delusions about the First Amendment, hype about the Apple Card, and more...