President Barack Obama will announce his plan to take unilateral executive action on immigration in a primetime speech tonight.
- Three students were shot at the Florida State University library before campus police killed the gunman.
- Tony Blinken, deputy national security adviser to President Obama, told the Senate Foreign Relations Committee that the White House is "open" to limits on the duration of its military efforts and the use of ground troops against ISIS.
- "After 13 years, 2 wars and trillions in military spending, terrorist attacks are rising sharply."
- "The global response to the Ebola virus in Liberia is being hampered by poor coordination and serious disagreements between Liberian officials and the donors and health agencies fighting the epidemic, according to minutes of top-level meetings and interviews with participants."
- Mike Nichols, the Oscar-winning director of The Graduate, has died at age 83.