Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon declared a state of emergency in Ferguson prior to the release of the grand jury's decision regarding whether or not to indict Darren Wilson, the cop who shot Michael Brown. Skeptics say Nixon's move is premature.
- Several days of "extreme and dangerous snow" is expected in western New York.
- Martin Salia, a doctor who died from the ebola virus in an Omaha, Nebraska hospital earlier today, was initially diagnosed as ebola-free.
- The New York Times interviewed Jaden and Willow Smith. The famous teens said school is a depressing waste of time.
- President Obama must rely on Mitch McConnell to "secure his legacy," according to Politico.
- Diane Guerrero, an actress on Netflix's Orange Is the New Black, said her parents were deported when she was 14.
- Neil Young is boycotting Starbucks because the coffee company thinks anti-GMO laws are stupid.
Reason's Annual Webathon is underway! Donate today to see your name here.
Reason is supported by: