President Obama will get right to work cooperating with the new Republican majority—right after he issues an executive order shielding up to five million immigrants from deportation.
- Who is this Jonathan Gruber? asks House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.). He certainly had nothing to do with Obamacare! Ummm….Don't you remember citing him over, and over, and over again on the issue in the past?
- The White House is concerned about potential violence after a grand jury releases its decision on whether or not to indict Officer Darren Wilson for the shooting death of Michael Brown, but local officials want the feds to keep their distance.
- ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi released an audiotape in which he basically flips the bird to President Obama and the United States over airstrikes.
- Outgoing Gov. Mike Beebe (D) of Arkansas has a parting gift for his son: a pardon for a decade-old marijuana conviction. That's touching, but share the love, governor.
- Digital rights groups are encouraged by a Senate push to rein in the National Security Agency.
That's a huge concern as forecasters expect the U.S. unemployment rate in the months to come to surpass that seen during the depths of the Great Depression.
The Scandinavian country is betting against draconian restrictions and in favor of the free movement of people and goods.
A former staffer says he sexually assaulted her in 1993.
No, British Epidemiologist Neil Ferguson Has Not 'Drastically Downgraded' His Worst-Case Projection of COVID-19 Deaths
But he has raised his estimate of the virus's reproduction number, which implies a lower fatality rate than his research group initially assumed.
One way of getting a perspective on the magnitude of the problem, at least today, and in what seems to be the hardest-hit country.