Alienated from congressional Democrats, President Obama is looking to achieve results through deals with Republicans and through executive orders—which just might be mutually incompatible tactics.
- Oh yeah. Obama wants Internet service to be classified and heavily regulated as a utility. What could go wrong?
- Welcome to the next presidential campaign cycle. Republican and Democratic front-runners Rand Paul and Hillary Clinton are both hitting the trail in search of rubber chicken. And support.
- Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) also points out that the war against ISIS lacks congressional authorization and is illegal
- Known for harsh enforcement of drug laws, New York City is poised to turn marijuana possession into a ticketable offense. The cops will find some other reason to lay a beating on you.
- With western sanctions hindering sale of Russian gold abroad, the country's central bank stepped in to bridge the gap.
- You may not have heard much about Ebola recently, but it's still a big concern in Sierra Leone, where religious services are just about the only public gatherings still taking place.
- Convicted cop-killer Mumia Abu-Jamal is suing on First Amendment grounds to overturn a Pennsylvania law specifically targeted at muzzling him. Way to make the guy a martyr, geniuses.