The White House's unclassified computer network was recently hit by a sustained cyberattack which may be the work of Russian government hackers. "Network outages are not uncommon in the White House," the Huffington Post notes, but this one—lasting at least two weeks—was significant in its duration and strength.
- The makers of an unmanned, NASA-commissioned rocket that exploded over eastern Virginia yesterday are vowing to find the root cause of the explosion before flying again.
- Late Tuesday night, the U.S. Supreme Court halted the execution of Mark Christeson, a Missouri man scheduled to die by injection at 12:01 a.m. Wednesday.
- Scientists link two genes to "extremely violent behavior."
- Kaci Hickox, the nurse quarantined at her Maine home after returning from West Africa, told Good Morning America via Skype that she'll "go to court to attain (her) freedom." And a Connecticut dad is suing after his third-grade daughter was told to stay home from school over Ebola fears.
- The North Dakota Supreme Cout has upheld a state law restricting the use abortion-inducing drugs.
- Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson denied rumors that he is resigning.