The Obama administration announced an Ebola travel restriction policy that takes effect tomorrow. The head of the AFL-CIO called upon Obama to take executive action to stop Ebola, even though Debbie Wasserman Schultz promised us that only right-wingers are politicizing the virus. The World Health Organization says that it will begin vaccine trials in Africa in January.
- U.S. weapons airdropped in Syria for Kurdish allies got picked up by ISIS fighters instead. ISIS is making ground in Iraq, but Iran is pledging to help the neighboring nation, and Turkey says it's helping Iraqi Kurdish forces move into Syria.
- The White House confirmed that North Korea released a tourist from Ohio who was arrested earlier this year for leaving a bible in a night club. I have more questions than answers.
- Wyoming became the latest state to legalize gay marriage.
- The Drudge Report ruined my life, says Monica Lewinsky, who is now on Twitter and has a plan to end cyberbullying …presumably by taking the brunt of it.
- Remember that '80s movie fantasy of yours? No, not the one with Sloane Peterson and Linda Barrett. The other one, where you get a hoverboard just like Marty McFly. It's real now.
California Politicians Hiked Gas Tax, Now Demand Investigation Into State's $4 Per Gallon Gas Prices
What could possibly be increasing California's gas prices?
Incarcerated people are already paying their debt to society. What good does it do the rest of the population to take away their right to have a say?
A Mother Spends a Week in Jail, Is Fired From Her Job, and Temporarily Loses Her Kids After a Police Mix-Up
Ashley Foster was jailed and inspected by child protective services for a mistake beyond her control.
Human Rights Watch and other groups say these systems draw serious concerns.
The Massachusetts senator wants to spend $1.25 trillion on a plan to wipe out student loan debt and make public tuition free.