Footage of Hong Kong police beating a pro-democracy protester has gone viral; officials say the officers involved will be suspended.
- The U.S. Supreme Court stepped in to block several parts of a much-contested Texas abortion law, which the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals upheld earlier this month.
- Twenty-eight Harvard Law School faculty members issued a statement opposing the school's new sexual harassment and violence policy, which they say is "overwhelmingly stacked against the accused".
- A second Texas health worker has tested positive for Ebola.
- Google Glass addiction is here.
- Feminist video-game critic Anita Sarkeesian—a controversial figure in the ongoing #GamerGate dustup—canceled a planned talk at Utah State University after the school received threats of a "Massacre style attack" if the talk took place.
- How whiskey conquered vodka in the U.S.
Wyoming’s first-and-best-in-the-nation food freedom law just keeps getting better.
Sotomayor Upbraids SCOTUS for a Decision That 'Destroys Fourth Amendment Jurisprudence That Requires Individualized Suspicion'
The justice filed a lone dissent in Kansas v. Glover.
A new study in Lancet Infectious Diseases makes a somewhat lower estimate
A misleading statistic has made the rounds. But it’s based on a misreading of a government report that says no such thing.