Footage of Hong Kong police beating a pro-democracy protester has gone viral; officials say the officers involved will be suspended.
- The U.S. Supreme Court stepped in to block several parts of a much-contested Texas abortion law, which the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals upheld earlier this month.
- Twenty-eight Harvard Law School faculty members issued a statement opposing the school's new sexual harassment and violence policy, which they say is "overwhelmingly stacked against the accused".
- A second Texas health worker has tested positive for Ebola.
- Google Glass addiction is here.
- Feminist video-game critic Anita Sarkeesian—a controversial figure in the ongoing #GamerGate dustup—canceled a planned talk at Utah State University after the school received threats of a "Massacre style attack" if the talk took place.
- How whiskey conquered vodka in the U.S.
Cops laugh about “probable cause on four legs” but the damage to innocent lives is real.
Plus: The gas crisis, it's time to free Reality Winner, and more...
How pretextual traffic stops got the judicial stamp of approval.
The media fell in love with her. But there's little to her claims.