Before they send troops after ISIS, Turkish officials want somebody else to get some skin in the game. Oh well. Thought we had them there.
- If there's one thing we can all agree on, it's that Nancy Pelosi is horrible. Even members of her own party are campaigning against her.
- With an eye on the confusing mingling of Obamacare with the tax code, experts say the next tax season should really, really suck.
- Now that the Supreme Court has turned up its collective noses at the chance to rule on the issue, West Virginia officials concede that their attempts to defend a state ban on gay marriage are pointless.
- In Spain, Ebola-infected nurse Teresa Romero took a turn for the worse, and more people have been quarantined. Yeah, that's not so encouraging.
- A Missouri state senator wants the feds to investigate the police shooting of— no, not Michael Brown. Try to keep up. This is a new shooting, of a man named Vonderrit D. Myers.
- Quick, call your bookie. The smart money is on Edward Snowden, Pope Francis, or Malala Yousafzai for the Nobel Peace Prize. What? That can't be. None of them committed an atrocity.
Cops laugh about “probable cause on four legs” but the damage to innocent lives is real.
The FBI Seized Heirlooms, Coins, and Cash From Hundreds of Safe Deposit Boxes in Beverly Hills, Despite Knowing 'Some' Belonged to 'Honest Citizens'
Victims of the FBI's constitutionally dubious raid say they've been told to come forward and identify themselves if they want their stuff back.
He Lost His Eye After a Cop Allegedly Fired a Tear Gas Canister at His Face. The Officer Says He Has Qualified Immunity.
If the officer succeeds, the victim will not be allowed to sue on those claims.