Perhaps unsurprisingly, Secret Service Director Julia Pierson got raked over the coals for the very un-secret breach of White House security.
- A host of former Democratic doves have learned to stop worrying and love the bomb.
- Pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong are expected to have long-term ramifications for both the former British colony and for all of China.
- The exodus of people fleeing northeastern states—largely because of high taxes—is shrinking the region's share of the national population, and consequently its congressional representation and political clout. Heh.
- Many Syrians along the Turkish border are abandoning everything to get as far away from ISIS as they can.
- The FCC dropped its NFL-enabling sports blackout policy, so you just may be able to watch the damned game you want to see after all.
- California has now banned plastic bags because…well, it's California.
- A New Hampshire cop involved in a really sketchy drug bust that resulted in a fatal shooting may get his job back despite criticism from his police chief and the state's attorney general. It looks like city officials are afraid of the police union.