Perhaps unsurprisingly, Secret Service Director Julia Pierson got raked over the coals for the very un-secret breach of White House security.
- A host of former Democratic doves have learned to stop worrying and love the bomb.
- Pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong are expected to have long-term ramifications for both the former British colony and for all of China.
- The exodus of people fleeing northeastern states—largely because of high taxes—is shrinking the region's share of the national population, and consequently its congressional representation and political clout. Heh.
- Many Syrians along the Turkish border are abandoning everything to get as far away from ISIS as they can.
- The FCC dropped its NFL-enabling sports blackout policy, so you just may be able to watch the damned game you want to see after all.
- California has now banned plastic bags because…well, it's California.
- A New Hampshire cop involved in a really sketchy drug bust that resulted in a fatal shooting may get his job back despite criticism from his police chief and the state's attorney general. It looks like city officials are afraid of the police union.
The black market still dominates. And more enforcement and fines aren’t going to fix it.
Kamala Harris Does Not Understand Why the Constitution Should Get in the Way of Her Gun Control Agenda
The presidential contender conspicuously fails to explain the legal basis for her plan to impose new restrictions by executive fiat.
The "assault weapons" that the presidential contender wants to confiscate are not especially deadly, but the symbolism of that policy is poisonous.
This is bending the Lanham Act until it nearly breaks