U.S. troops are now on the ground in West Africa helping to battle the Ebola outbreak.
- "The U.S. plan to step up attacks against militants in Iraq and Syria is being delayed until more Arab governments agree to contribute to the operation, the Pentagon's top officer said Sunday."
- Hundreds of thousands of protestors took to the streets of New York City on Sunday to demand government action on climate change.
- Tax credits issued under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act will be cut for hundreds of thousands of recipients.
- The Secret Service is weighing new security measures after a man carrying a folding knife jumped a fence and made it briefly inside the White House on Friday.
- As the midterm elections near, some embattled Republicans are moving away from social conservatism and towards libertarianism on issues such as same-sex marriage and over-the-counter access to birth control.