President Barack Obama will send 3,000 U.S. troops to West Africa to help fight the current Ebola outbreak.
- On Monday the U.S. launched airstrikes against ISIS targets near Baghdad.
- According to surveys by regional Federal Reserve Banks, businesses are cutting jobs due to high costs associated with Obamacare.
- The FBI is launching a national face recognition system.
- "Britain promised to guarantee Scotland high levels of state funding, granting Scots greater control over healthcare spending in a last-ditch attempt to shore up support for the United Kingdom before Thursday's vote on independence."
- A Taliban suicide attack on a NATO convoy in Kabul has killed three soldiers and injured nearly 20.