Ukraine is preparing to defend itself against Russian forces in its eastern regions. "The invasion by Putin of the regular Russian army is a fait accompli," said Anton Herashchenko, an adviser to the Ukrainian Interior Minister, on his Facebook page Thursday, while Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko canceled a visit to Turkey to focus on Ukraine's military response.
- Even as economic recovery moseys forth, most Americans—71 percent—now say the Great Recession "exerted a permanent drag on the economy." In November 2009, only 49 percent said the same.
- Gun tourism is a thing, and an increasingly popular one.
- What happens when one half of a California mall has an $8 minimum wage and the other half must pay $10 per hour?
- Ferguson and other St. Louis-area police departments face steep overtime costs for all that time cops spent out pepper-spraying people and playing conquering army.
- Let's talk about Gen X for a change! Overall the generation is in more debt than either millennials or boomers; the single most indebted cohort are 44 year olds, who owe on average $142,077.
- John Lennon's killer says he's "sorry for being such an idiot."
Kamala Harris Does Not Understand Why the Constitution Should Get in the Way of Her Gun Control Agenda
The presidential contender conspicuously fails to explain the legal basis for her plan to impose new restrictions by executive fiat.
Brett Kavanaugh Faces a New Accusation in The New York Times, but the Alleged Victim Didn't Confirm It
Plus: Andrew Yang opts out of cancel culture, Andrew Cuomo wants to crack down on flavored e-cigarettes, and more...
Comedy, meet cancel culture
This is bending the Lanham Act until it nearly breaks