Michael Brown was laid to rest today in a funeral service attended by thousands in St. Louis, including Rev. Jesse Jackson and three White House aides.
- An "active shooter" reported at Fort Lee, Virginia, prompting a lockdown, apparently shot only herself.
- Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn has vetoed two bills to introduce onerous regulations to ride-sharing services in the state. He said companies like Uber and Lyft should be regulated on the local level, which isn't as good as saying they shouldn't be regulated at all, but it's Illinois, so this is probably the best we're going to get.
- Insert jokes about saying "Eh?" or mounties or politeness: Burger King is considering merging with Tim Hortons in Canada and moving its headquarters out of the United States in order to reduce its tax burdens.
- Libya now has two governments claiming to be in charge, so that will probably end well.
- An Oklahoma newspaper and the American Civil Liberties Union are suing the state to try to get it to stop concealing information about its executions.