Oddly, sending the National Guard to Ferguson, Missouri, didn't make people less pissed off at official brutality. Maybe try something else?
- Attorney General Eric Holder is said to be "flooding the zone [with investigators]," which actually may be an improvement on the status quo in Ferguson. Maybe.
- A watchdog group claims federal agencies are funneling even basic records requests through the White House for approval or rejection. Most transparent administration…
- Another fugitive brought to justice—Texas Gov. Rick Perry will surrender to a local jail in the ongoing saga of a political pissing match with Travis County District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg, who is angry that Perry tried to cut off her funding after she was busted for drunk driving.
- Ukraine troops appear to be retaking Luhansk from rebel forces block by bloody block. The surviving residents will, no doubt, shower the victors with their thanks.
- The looting of a health center housing Ebola patients has, apparently, not improved control over an outbreak of that disease in west Africa. About 42.5 percent of all deaths attributed to the disease, ever, have occurred since March.
- The United Nations is scaling up aid efforts in Iraq because…it's a mess.
Kamala Harris Does Not Understand Why the Constitution Should Get in the Way of Her Gun Control Agenda
The presidential contender conspicuously fails to explain the legal basis for her plan to impose new restrictions by executive fiat.
This is bending the Lanham Act until it nearly breaks
The black market still dominates. And more enforcement and fines aren’t going to fix it.
The "assault weapons" that the presidential contender wants to confiscate are not especially deadly, but the symbolism of that policy is poisonous.