- The Ferguson Police Department this afternoon released the name of the officer who shot Michael Brown: Darren Wilson. The shooting and subsequent protests are a "turning point" in race relations and police action, "and we must learn from it," says Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.).
- "Please delete this email," begins a message uncovered from a top Obama administration health official, and House Republicans want to know why.
- Ukraine claims that it partially "destroyed" a column of Russian military vehicles that crossed the border after nightfall. Russia denies having sent the convoy, but a few journalists say they saw it.
- Iraq's Sunni minority is eager to work with the new prime minister and end political deadlock.
- Jeb Bush doesn't want medical marijuana to be legalized in Florida. Sounds like he doesn't want to ever get elected president, either.
- Distraught by low voter turnout, Los Angeles is considering giving out cash prizes for casting ballots.
- A new FBI statistic suggests that 80 percent of law enforcement officials throughout the U.S. are overweight. Put the donut down and back away slowly.
- The saddest who-said-it quiz all week pits Hillary Clinton against John McCain.
- You'll be boning a robot by 2025 says one team of optimistic, frisky researchers.