President Obama needs to golf during his vacation, and that means other golfers must be frisked.
- The U.S. is trying to figure out what to do about all the refugees that this ISIS-Iraq debacle is creating and … did someone say ground troops?
- "The preferences of the average American appear to have only a minuscule, near-zero, statistically non-significant impact upon public policy," says a new, sad, and not particularly surprising study.
- Same-sex marriages could begin in Virginia as early as next week.
- The latest Israeli-Gaza ceasefire officially expires in half an hour (5 p.m. ET). Also, an Associated Press reporter was killed by a previously undetonated ordinance from an Israeli airstrike.
- Two German artists took responsibility for the white flags on the Brooklyn Bridge. Five bucks says Merkel had them do it as payback for all that espionage.
- Brazil's socialist presidential candidate was killed in a plane crash. That's a downer.