U.S. airstrikes in Iraq could continue for several months, President Barack Obama declared on Saturday. "This is going to be a long-term project," he said.
- Hillary Clinton has blamed the rise of ISIS on President Obama's "failure" to arm Syrian rebels.
- The war between Israel and Hamas has entered its second month.
- "A day of protests and vigils Sunday for an unarmed black teenager who was shot to death by a [Missouri] police officer erupted Sunday night with confrontations, looting and gunshots."
- NASCAR driver Tony Stewart struck and killed another driver after a collision in a race on Saturday.
- "I'm not going to eat that." A Kentucky school district is dropping out of the federal school lunch program in response to numerous complaints from students.