Soon-to-be-former House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.), who lost his primary, gave his farewell address to Congress today. Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) will take over following the August recess.
- House Republicans couldn't agree on how to address the border crisis and thus a bill that was scheduled for vote today was abandoned.
- Wisconsin's Supreme Court has upheld the 2011 law that ended collective bargaining for most public employees, a victory for Republican Gov. Scott Walker.
- Regardless of any truces or cease-fires, Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has vowed to destroy all of Hamas' secret tunnels.
- One single cop in Seattle has been responsible for 80 percent of marijuana tickets in the city this year since it has been legalized. He has been reassigned.
- Edward Snowden's one-year asylum in Russia is expiring and it's not clear yet whether it will be extended, though his lawyer believes it's likely he'll stay put for now.