Emails reveal intervention by White House adviser Valerie Jarrett on behalf of the health insurance industry when executives voiced concern about Obamacare-related costs.
- Israeli forces are blasting all things Hamas in the Gaza Strip.
- Possible executive actions on immigration by President Obama may be effectively immune to challenge no matter their constitutionality.
- D.C. residents shouldn't strap on their shooting irons quite yet. The federal judge who invalidated the city's ban on carrying firearms put his decision on hold for 90 days while authorities try to get with the program—or undermine it.
- Cold War redux: With the situation in Ukraine getting nastier, the European Union announced a first round of sanctions against Russia. The U.S. adds some of its own.
- Holland's prime minister asked for a cease fire around the site of the MH17 crash so that investigators can reach the scene. Don't hold your breath.
- Microsoft finds China's cronyism, arbitrary legal system, and pervasive corruption a tad difficult to navigate.